Friday, February 12, 2010

False negative pregnancy test stories?

hey i'd like to hear from everyone who has taken a test and it came but negative and then took another one and it came back positive. When did you take the first test? and how much longer after the the negative test did you get a positive one?False negative pregnancy test stories?
Missed period by 10days, we wasn't trying for a baby so i was on the pill. but took a test after no period 10 days late, came back negative. waited another week still no period took another test was positive!! couldn't believe it very shock as was still on the pill. made a doctors app for the following week - was the soonest i could get. did another test as was very shock and came back neg?? now was very confused and worried, told doctor everything. he said i wasn't preg and may of had a very early miscarriage. this upset us alot as you can understand.


3months later still no period?? the doctor did say it may take awhile for them to come back to normal. but then i fainted and hubby rushed me to hospital, and they told me i was 4months preg!!!!!!!


Told my doctor what i thought of his medical skills and now have a new doctor. We are over the moon and had a little girl.False negative pregnancy test stories?
Yes it happened to me. I was probably around 8-10 weeks pregnant when it was negative and over three months when it was positive. The faulty product was made in Germany if I remember correctly. I think it was probably Gods influence however because if Id known earlier I may have opted to terminate at that stage in my life however knowing so late (after three months) I didnt even consider it an option. I now have a beautiful daughter and I wouldnt want to be without her. Good luck.
I missed my period whilst on Holiday in the Bahamas last year, had gone away for one last holiday before starting a family, unfortunately that didn't go to plan as i missed my period whilst i was there! i took 2/3 tests whilst i was there and they all came back negative, i didn't want to drink if i was pregnant.





I started to feel abit quesey on the flight home, i was nearly 2 weeks late at this point, i did another test when i got home and that came back negative.





I waited another few days and tested again and got a very faint pos result. So faint i wasn't sure but reading the test it stated it didn't matter how faint it was it was still positive.





To cut a long story short the following week i had a tiny amount of spotting, was referrred for an early scan which showed i was having an ectopic pregnancy. That was the reason why it had taken so long to get a pos result as your body doesn't start producing the HCG pregnancy hormone until the baby implants in the uterus.





All was ok in the end
When i took my first pregnancy test i bought a box with 2 and the first one i took said negative then so did the next one i didn't believe it. I just felt pregnant so i went out and bought four more two different brands and again two said negative so finally i just gave up. Then the next morning i took the other two and they said positive, i went to the doctor and wow i really am pregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment