Friday, February 12, 2010

Theist, What if someone could prove to you that the Bible stories are false, would you be willing to listen?

Just the other side of a question I just read.Theist, What if someone could prove to you that the Bible stories are false, would you be willing to listen?
Of COURSE they wouldn't. That's the very nature of dogma. It is NOT swayed by facts to the contrary. In fact it only strengthens every time it's challenged, justifiably or not.





Thankfully some people can think outside of the dogma into which they were indoctrinated. They can say well, I was meant to reject everything that challenges these beliefs that I've been taught to feel are unchallengable, but perhaps I could break the rules and allow the challenge.





THOSE are the lucky few who use their brains instead of their feelings to determine truth from fantasy.Theist, What if someone could prove to you that the Bible stories are false, would you be willing to listen?
I have
No I wouldn't be willing to listen. Bible stories or no Bible stories, I have witness to the genuine power of God. I know He is real and I know His power is real too. So nothing anyone else could ever do or say would make me willing to listen to any such garbage that the stories God left me to learn about life by in His Holy Word, The Bible, could possibly be false. I would know that any supposed proof that would be given me if I listened would be the lies of Satan. So hang it up, Thor! You will not even get me to think about your suggestion about the falsehood in the Bible twice. There is just no way!
I have often wondered about the exact same thing....but then I don't think people 2000 years ago were as canning as people are today to write up such a story line/plot.... or were they? There is a lot of truth in the Bible and it is so easy to apply its principles in life.... You know what... I think I wouldn't be willing to listen....(Doubting Thomas I am)
I couldn't deny what I have experienced. What ifs are for atheists.
NO NO NO NO NO NO,and NO!!!!!!!!!!
They have and they don't respectively.
Most theists base their beliefs upon faith, which is not a logical, rational process. Proof doesn't matter one whit to faith, because you can't deal rationally with a thing that is by its very nature irrational.





ADDENDUM: Maximilian, please do prove the existence of a loving god to me, and I'll convert in a second. Feel free to do so in here or in private e-mail. Though I should warn you in advance to kindly note that neither quotes from your bible nor circular arguments qualify as 'proof'.
No they cant bcoz they are also one of biblical character.
Surely, I'd listen, contemplate, and assess the credibility, and make a decision.
NO, BECAUSE NO ONE CANT, THE DEVIL IS A LIAR, AND HE KNOWS HIS TIME IS SHORT....PRAISE JESUS CHRIST FOR HE HAS RISEN ,AND HE IS COMMING SOON.....AMEN
Ooh, good comeback.


I was the second answerer. :D
Honestly, my brother's always trying to tell me why my religion is false (he claims he can prove that it's false). It really doesn't matter to me. I've made my choice and I'm sticking with it. Period. Some people call that ignorance, I call it committment.
Absolutely. If one could take my advanced scientifically trained brain and show me how suddenly my complete faith in the divinity of scripture backed up with years of study and a lifetime of indesputable proof of its validity, then sure.





Gimme both barrels.
I am willing to listen. But there is a difference between listening and accepting.





The acceptance of your proof only if you prove that you're not part of this world whom God created according to the bible stories.
I like the answer given in the Bible: read the episode of Shadrach, Meschach %26amp; Abednego in the book of Daniel. Their challenge to King Nebuchadnezzer goes something like this: 'We believe in God even if you would have us killed for it.....even if you throw us into the blazing furnace......even if He DOES NOT save us....';
I would listen but it would not change my faith in God.
That is actually a moot question since nobody will ever prove it false. People have tried for centuries, but have not succeeded yet.
I would say ';I knew that already, that's why I ain't a Christian/Muslim/Jew';. Not all Theists are ';Christian/Muslim/Jewish';. I'm not
Yeah....IF they could prove them wrong....and not just ';where did the water go after the flood?'; I want physical proof like many so demand to prove there is a God in the first place.
They have been proven false, many times. The second half of their book is based on Jesus's life, but strangely there is no non biblical proof of his existence. Odd for some one who was a walking around the middle east performing miracles.





The other side of your question addresses their ignorance. See, religious folk have this horrible habbit called 'faith'. The more you believe in it, with out evidence, the better you are!


And what's worse is, faith is considered a great thing in their culture. It just breeds idiocy.
If you mean listen is to ';Hear'; what he/she has to say and not actually live by it, then yes I would try to listen like how I watched the Da Vinci code BUT I am still a Christian, coz I didnt actually ';believe'; in Dan Brown's theories(Its kinda fruity even for a theist to believe), or I could just argue with him/her all day =)
I would listen to anybody who could PROVE something to me. Who can prove anything?
Dude, two words.





Noah's Ark.





nuff said..
Havent most of the stories been proven false? And yet they still believe.
Yeah, sure. But it couldn't change my mind because they AREN'T false, and so NO ONE can prove it.


Hey Atheist, what if someone could prove to you that the Bible stories were true, would YOU be willing to listen?
IF, and this is a big if, they could, then sure. But, since you asked, if I could prove to you there was a loving God, would you listen? Would you truly consider conversion?
Again, like I have answered with the other guy's question...


We as humans, do not hold the keys of absolute truth. If we did, we would have absolute proof.





There is no absolute proof that the Bible stories are true or false... no matter how many conspiracy theories or opinions are cropped up.





I have my own reasons as to why I am a Christian. Oh, and by the way, not all theists are Bible-believers, e.g. Hindus.
Can you prove something false when it's never really even been proven??
Yes provided you gave verifable proof and allowed me to answer them.
As modern science evolves over time it will only prove more and more of the Bible stories true and happened just the way that God wrote them.

No comments:

Post a Comment