Monday, February 8, 2010

True or False: You or a relative have a rags to riches or riches to rags story?

If true, share your experience please.





Ever been broke and then struck it rich?





Ever been rich and lost everything and ended up broke?True or False: You or a relative have a rags to riches or riches to rags story?
I'm a riches to rags story. I had quite a bit of savings built up, then my best friend and her husband had a HUGE fight and broke up. She and her 3 kids ended up on my doorstep. Long story short--I spent my entire (minus $155.00) life savings trying to help them. The kicker is they're no better off now than they were. So now I'm in the process of trying to figure out what my next financial step is. (Sell the Harley, get a 2nd job, etc.)True or False: You or a relative have a rags to riches or riches to rags story?
true
True ... Uncle ... made it big, runs the company !
nope my family is still middle class
When we married, my wife and I had one old kitchen table and one chair. we took turns sitting on a wooden box to eat, I used my army mustering out pay to but our bedroom set. We lived in a two room flat two floors up. We worked together, and eventually were well off. When she got Alzheimer's we sold everything and moved to Texas. Her illness just about wiped us out, and then she died. Life has been one hell of a ride.
I know a few people who've made it ffrom rags to riches. My uncle was a real little **** and left school at 15 and joined the navy, then a bomb shell fell on him and he was left a paraplegic by 19, he tryed to kill himself a few times because he was paralysed from the waist down, after time he became like an advocate for the disabled, and did a degree and now hes in a top position in our country earning huggeee bucks.
禄 False.
true
yes i do. when my parents divorced my dad moved out and wasn't suporting us as much as my mom and brother and i needed him to. i still saw my dad alot but it was very hard for me and my mom and brother because we were used to getting the water and cable and internet and electricity shut off because my mom couldn't pay the bill. now my mom just got married to a wealthy man and we can afford a lot more. it's definetley alot easier.
False
False. Although my dad grew up poor and now he's not nessicarily rich but lives a fulfilling life.
FALSE.

No comments:

Post a Comment