Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Have you ever learned that a media story which you believed was actually false?

http://books.google.com/books?id=RxBJC2U鈥?/a> Only today did I learn that the rumor of Dinah Shore having a black child was false. I had believed it for forty years!Have you ever learned that a media story which you believed was actually false?
Four years ago I really believed Saddam Hussein was hiding WMD's in Iraq but . . .guess what?!Have you ever learned that a media story which you believed was actually false?
A wise person understands that news as reported by all media sources is susceptible to error, omission, embellishments and downright falsehoods. Media is a vehicle used for many reason in various efforts. One should always , as we say '; Take it with a grain of salt '; Keeping the public informed is a noble calling. I wish honesty and straightforwardness was a goal of the media.
I was taught never to believe something just because it appeared in print. Television is even less reliable. The media employ ';fact checkers'; but they do not always get it right, and there is a lot of bias in reporting. If your instinct tells you something just does not seem plausible, check it out.
The story you cite about Dinah Shore would be called an ';urban legend'; these days. I sincerely believe that ';urban legend'; is a euphemism for false news reports that get out of hand. I think that most of us have been duped by one of that at some time or another. If you're not familiar with it, check out snopes.com for hundreds of these stories that people have believed over the years.
I was a very young girl when I first heard that Dinah Shore had had black ancestry in her family tree. No one had ever told me any differently all these years. Back in the 1950's, that type of news made front page news, unlike today.
like the government saying we are here to help you, or the part we only tax the people that can afford it, or a statement like Bush said the war is over
Hahaha! I've never believed what the media prints. It's usually biased. All they have to do is omit a sentence or word, 100% different meaning.
I, too, believed we were looking for 'weapons of mass destruction'...but...


I also believed we were looking for Osama Bin Laden...but there again...
all the time!! hardly believe anything now ,their major job is not inform us ,but use the media to control our thoughts and make heaps of money .
Suzianne, tells it like it is and usually how it's aways been.





I couldn't say it better.


DeeJay.
Happens all the time, very annoying.
All the time on FAUX News.
Kind of silly such a rumor would merit reporting.


Even way back then I wondered what all the hub bub was about.
Weapons of mass destruction.?????
More false than factual.
..... nope, learned long ago that the media is to be taken with a grain of salt.
yes the other day a type-o had this 95 year old lady in my home town who never drove caught in a speed trap!!! really her 25 year old great niece!!! wrong age and middle name!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment