Thursday, February 4, 2010

Do you have a false negative hpt story?

What were the circumstances?





How long did it take you to get a positive?Do you have a false negative hpt story?
Yes, I took a test when I was about.... 3 weeks along and it came out negative, I went to the doctor the next week and they gave me a urine test, which also came out negative. Then at 5.5 weeks I took a test,(cause i had one left over) and that one came out positive. Then the other ones I took after that turned out positive. But my sister was about 7-8 weeks before any of hers came out postive. It's pretty rare that it takes that long for the test to say postive but it does happen. I hope this helped, good luck!Do you have a false negative hpt story?
I don't, my positive was so strong it was almost glowing in the dark.





But one of my best friends did... Her ring disapeared, and she was not sure if it had been missing one day or 3 weeks, so she took a test to make sure, and it was negative. She was celebrating her negative when a week later, she took a shower, and her breasts started leaking!!! So, she took a blood test, and sure enough, she is pregnant.





I have to mention, though, in defense of the hpt's, her period wasn't due yet when she took the test and got her negative. She took the blood test maybe within 5 days of being late, if I am not mistaken.
Yes, I was anxious and took a test too soon. I waited a week and took another test. It was positive.
I tested 1 week and a half when my period was late and it showed negative with a clear blue test, I tried the first responce a day later and it showed possitive! So i did an experiment and after knowing i was pregnant for sure did both tests again clear blue still showed negative and the first responce showed positive still. I had a doctor test me and I was pregnant for sure so always try more then one kind of test!
sorry, have never recieved anything but a positive when I was really pregnant.
i never get a negative hpt. i got my first positive when i was 5 days late.
I went to the doc because I had strep throat. My husband and I had been trying for about 2 months to get prego with #2. I felt pregnant, I was positive I was pregnant so I asked the dos to please prescribe something that was safe for a baby 'just in case'. Well, they had me take a pregnancy test and it was negative (this was right around the time I was supposed to start my period). They went ahead and prescribed something 'safe' just in case. Well, my husband said I was crazy, he was like how can you feel pregnant already. I said just wait, I guarantee I don't start. Sure enough a week later, still no period. Went to the store and bought a test and it was positive. Needless to say I made everyone who acted like I was crazy swallow there words!!!
I do have a false negative story, but I don't tell you it to give you hope or anything.





With my first baby I took a test at about a month and got a negative, so I thought, Ok, not pregnant. So the following month I went for a physical and they asked could I be, and I told them my husband and I had unprotected sex once two months earlier but I got a negative, so they did a test for me, negative. Ended up not getting a psotive until I was 17 weeks, thought I wasn't far along until I got my ultrasound!
I never had regular periods before getting pregnant, I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). I had to take a pregnancy test every month before doing a round of medication to make sure I wasn't pregnant. I took one, and got a negative, but because I had JUST changed meds that month, my doctor told me to skip the round of the meds I should have taken for the month. Two weeks later, I just felt like something wasn't ';normal'; with my body, and took another one that came back positive. I took a second one to be sure. That afternoon I went to the doctor to have the blood test that confirmed it. I was about 4 weeks pregnant when I got the positive result.
I think that it takes 10 days for HPT to show up in your urine..so any pregnancy tests taken before 10 days have past since the intercourse will whow up negative..Take one after about 10 days and it becomes more reliable..

No comments:

Post a Comment